Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October







My most favorite month of all is here.
October.
Cooler days, crisp mornings, pumpkin patches, corn fields, carnivals, craft shows, leaves, sweaters, boots....


Oh wait...I am still in Las Vegas
These are things I miss about my Octobers back home. I used to go home every October for the full month just to enjoy it all.  I can't believe my boy was once so tiny.
 We would gather and build a fire outside. Sit all night and talk, carve pumpkins and laugh.  We walked thru the leaves and picked acorns fallen from trees.

We make the best of what we have here and go to our pumpkin patches in black top parking lots.  While sipping on coffee drinks pretending it is cold out.

My St. Louis Cardinals will play games on October chilly nights and I will root them on from our air conditioned living room.

Life is completely full and crazy right now, not how I wanna spend my October days but we will muddle thru and remember to take time to stop and carve a pumpkin or two.

I know I can't relive what we used to be, life changes and thats why we have memories.
It is hard to look at pictures from back just 4 short years ago and see how much life has changed. 
So enjoy the leaves, the rain, the wind, the cool crisp air for me.  I miss it so.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Remember when Michelle sent us both a box of golden leaves? I loved it!
I need to find that box and spread those leaves out.

Look how cute you and B are!!

Julie said...

Gorgeous Post Amy - love the pic of you with blonde hair & B is sooo little. You would sure love New Zealand dear friend, with all the leaves in autumn. If you ever get to visit here, come in autumn (thats April/May here) & you can show me how to carve a pumpkin or two ... I would love that. Hugs, Julie x0x

Diana Mieczan said...

Those photos are so sweet and what great memories:) It's getting chilly around here and I really need to get a few of those little pumkins this week. I love the one in your top photo. Genius! happy Wednesday, darling.