Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Victorian Style Christmas







I have always loved the style of the primitive Christmas.
Packages wrapped in brown paper and tied with white string.

Black and white stripes on things soft crochet handmade items.

It all just echoes to the days of when Christmas was simple and not about the monetary things.

I try really hard to use what I have to make my decorations out of.

It is all about using a vintage item and turning into new life.

Make do with what we have and be happy.

Those we give to, will love it just because we made it from our hearts and it is one of a kind.

Yes, I know it is early for Christmas, but in crafting world it is start now or rush at the last minute.

As I look out my front door today it is filled with Autumn colors and the leaves are blowing in the wind.  I sit and work on some scarves and then my mind wanders to making more Christmas things.

Find my primitive like Christmas Decor here

3 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Oooh I love it all, and I just went in and purchased the vintage Advent clothes pins from your Etsy shop... sooo excited to get them!... xoxo Julie Marie

Rhonda said...

So happy you found an Autumn day here in the west. Our one tree that looses it's leaves is holding on for dear life.

I can always picture you crocheting and creating some wonderful things.

Gail said...

Amy,
Your creations are s-i-m-p-l-y wonderful!
I'm with you, handcrafted is the way to go with gifts.