Sunday, July 8, 2012

Grain Sack Re-do


On yesterdays post I had a plan to sit and cut the pattern pieces of my grain sack pouf.
Well, once getting out the pattern and seeing how big this pouf will be I had to rethink my plan.


This project is not going to be quick and easy. Instead it will take a lot of hard work. I will need to rip each seam out of the grain sack bags to open them up and then sew them all back together in a quilt/patchwork like fashion.

If you have ever ripped grain sack seams ya know this ain't easy. These bags are made to stand the test of time, hold pounds of grains so the seams are thick and doubled. I got 5 done yesterday and my hands were hurting. So 10 more to go...ugh.

The pile of bags sit here next to the couch reminding me of the job ahead. But I am determined to get it all done and make a most beautiful pouf.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, my word. You are so stinking creative!!!! I hope you get to finish this one, it sounds aMAZing!!
xo
lynn
p.s.
love the crocheted bunting.