Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Time To Refresh


2012 is just around the corner and as I sit here journaling and reflecting on my year, I have realized it is time for a much need break and renewal.

I want to spend more time with my family in 2012.
I have worked hard having my own shop and earning my own spending money with it.
It makes me feel good as a SAHM to do this.
But through my reflections I can see, I have received all my wishes I could have ever dreamed up from the material world. There is nothing that I long to work for other than devoting more time to my family.
I have been granted more than I ever thought possible.
I am grateful for everything life has provided and need to give thanks back.
So I will close up shop for 2 months in order to spend a ton of time with relatives coming to visit, plus my little one and my husband.
I want to take this time to renew relationships and refresh our home.
I will still be blogging but the shop is taking a backseat to family in the year 2012.

I will reopen the shop when I feel it is the right time.
Thank you for all of your support and understanding :)

pictured, Kate Spade Journal and Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic Inspiration book

6 comments:

Faded Charm said...

Thanks for your kind words Amy. I just don't like to disappoint people, but I've been so very busy with my family lately that i've been overwhelmed. Hopefully things will slow down a bit in the New Year:-)

Wishing you the best! Sounds like you're off to a great start.

xoxo
Kathleen

Numinosity said...

Good for you, girl! I think you will be rejuvenated and quite fulfilled with your decision. Enjoy!
... and look forward to catching up again when I return in February.
xoxo Kim

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Amy, you are very wise, and seem very in tune with your family and your own needs as well...you'll never regret the time you take with your family, but people often regret working too much! Enjoy your special time with your family! XO

Rhonda said...

I, for one, will miss your wonderful shop but I totally understand. I have a feeling you will not regret this change. It is so time consuming to sell online, I never knew that.

Enjoy this time and happy trails to you. xo Rhonda

john said...

Enjoy your family time and I wish you a wonderful New Year ...Gail x

Unknown said...

they are only little for so long so cherish the time! before you know it...you'll have "too much time on your hands" and, like me, will be wishing for the days you have now!! I'll miss your sweet shop and all of your creations but know that we will keep in touch via your blog! Happy and healthy new year to YOU dear amy! :)