Friday, December 2, 2011

Take Good Care of This MOMENT


It is 3 am
This is my moment
This is how the story goes.
A 2 year old being weened from the paci...He lost his last paci yesterday. My husband said his 3rd birthday he would pull the plug...pun intended. So with a week until his birthday, he lost the last one we had in the house.
He was fine all day, a little cranky but thinking we can get thru this...cut to 3 am. We awake to screams of panic. No paci to be found, he is searching everywhere and reaching out to us. He just knows we have it. 10 minutes later, we are all in jammies headed to the 24 hour store I hate the most but love so much tonight.Okay, okay here is the moment. It is dark, quiet and baby is screaming, but the surroundings are perfect. It is a cold winters night, with rain falling and everything is glistening. It is BEAUTIFUL.It is rare we get weather like this and it happens most after temps fall and we are all fast asleep.
Well, because of this moment in life, we got to experience it first hand.
We as a family...hearing the rain hitting the windshield, the wipers gliding across to and fro.
All else disappears as I take in this moment of peace and happiness.
Baby is sleeping sound now, passed out on the couch in dada's arms.
It was a learning experience for all tonight and I have to thank Lynn for letting me see a moment for something other than a hectic night...it was a beautiful moment in our lives.
Please take the time to join Lynn here for some amazing outlooks on situations that we have in our everyday lives and Learn to Take good care of this moment.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

these pics are so inspiring me!!!

lovely blog!!

Fallon said...

Glad you were able to enjoy it. I just woke up to wet grounds, missed it all, darn!

Unknown said...

thanks for your comment love :)

<3 steffy
http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oh, my friend!!! Another long night, but I can so see the magic in it as you describe your drive to the store. I hope this day brings you much peace as you think back on your adventure in the middle of the night!!
xo
lynn

Numinosity said...

Beautiful post, Amy and the title is precious.
So sweet how you highlighted the coziness and togetherness of the moment.
Peace and Paci to you.
xoxo Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
I have been there and done that with my oldest Jayden. He would go into panic mode when we couldn't find his pacifier. And no one could sleep until it was found!
He was about 3 1/2 when we finally had to get him off his paci. My aunt told me that she told her grandchildren about the paci-fairy. So I told my son that the paci-fairy needed his paci's to give to another little boy or girl that needed it. So we put it in an envelope and sent it to the paci-fairy, a.k.a my aunt, and a couple of days later he had a fabulous gift box full of goodies from the paci-fairy because he was so nice sending his paci to another child. This actually worked! The first couple of nights he asked about his paci and cried a little, but after that he was fine! Believe me, I had major doubts, but it worked.
I wish you lots of luck, and I'll be thinking of you and remembering those times with my son.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Ann Marie said...

Such beautiful pictures. If we could all just see the wonderful and beautiful that is in each moment in our lives, we'd all be doing pretty darn good. :)

Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse said...

"pull the plug" - that made me giggle out loud! What a sweet, funny story.

Sue said...

Oh God, the "binkie" episodes! Riley had a tough time, but decided one day it was time and that was it. She only had it at night at that point. Morgan, who is 2-1/2 is a major fan of the binkie! Good luck getting it a way from her!! And my little boy Bodhi? He's a thumb sucker, smart kid. You can't throw a thumb away ;0)

Good luck. . .
Sue

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

What a wonderful post. Brought back memories of my boys when they were little. So glad that you saw the specialness in the moment.

Fallon said...

Yes, go to the magical forest! and have some hot cocoa and funnel cake. This year seemed smaller then the past but was still fun :)I am sure your boy would love it and Santa is there too!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

How wonderful to be able to see the special moment in the midst of a hectic time. I enjoyed your 'moment'

Linda

Rhonda said...

Boy, did I have a crazy day yesterday and missed this post.

I've heard these paci stories before, they are not pretty. But you made it pretty with your images and descriptions of the night.

Poor B....just think, one day he will be a man.

Contemplating Cadie said...

Loved catching up with you through browsing your posts and photos, but this story was the best of all.